Planned

Folders within filesets

Hello,

I'm trying to post a fileset of metadata and there are different types of data so I would like to create folders for each type.  Is there a way to accomplish this. 

I'd prefer to post one fileset than multiple sets e.g one for each type of data so that we can reference one DOI and have one description that explains how the types are connected without cross-referencing.  

2 people like this idea

Hi Dustin, 

Thanks for the feature request. Completely agree here and we're already looking at how to achieve this. It's a substantial change for us and won't be something that happens quickly but it's already in progress. 

Chris George

Product Manager

Any updates on this feature? I'm working with material scientists that would really benefit from this feature. 

Hi Megan, 

No updates apart from that we've been collecting feature requests as part of our IR work and building these into our early design sketches. It's a really complicated piece, something that will take months for us to do, and I'll be providing updates as soon as I have them

Chris

Thanks for the update Chris. I assumed it would be a pretty big change on the bac kend. Here's an example of one type of submission we're receiving that could benefit from internal folders. So far our two uses cases involve the need to sort data files according to the figures that they correspond to. Zipping the files works, but isn't ideal, since you cannot preview files if they are zipped.

Login or Signup to post a comment