Implemented

Custom citation format

It would be great to be able to customize the citation format or to select a different style. For instance, an AMA Style citation would be more appropriate for our content but the figshare standard appears to be APA Style.

Thanks!

1 person likes this idea

Hi Clare,

This is a very timely request as we are currently in the design stages of introducing dynamic citation styles, which will allow you to do many different styles! 

We hope to have this live on the site by October. 

Chris George

Product Manager

Yeah, it's a great step from figshare but I have one question if I cite sources from another citation style for using ama reference generator so this citation style is acceptable???

Hi, I have an additional suggestion for this topic (as I'm not sure if this update has been released yet), and that is to be able to add a different title to the 'publication name' part of the citation.

The current citation looks like this:

Palm, Johanna (2017): Militant attitudes among Swedish employees: The role of class and social identification. figshare.

https://doi.org/10.17045/sthlmuni.5599912.v1

Retrieved: 19:17, Nov 14, 2017 (GMT)

But what if we could make it look like this, and customizable per institution (or maybe even subgroup name)?:

Palm, Johanna (2017): Militant attitudes among Swedish employees: The role of class and social identification. Stockholm University.

https://doi.org/10.17045/sthlmuni.5599912.v1

Retrieved: 19:17, Nov 14, 2017 (GMT)

And, I can second the suggestion from Claire Vernon, as I got the exact same question from a user today.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Sofie.

HI Sofie, 

Custom citation styles are due for release in a few weeks. Your other request is a good one, but not possible right now. Can you please copy paste this as a feature request into the main feature request forum so it doesn't get lost?

Chris

Thanks for the update on custom citation styles. Yay!

I'll move the other one to the main forum. :)

/Sofie.

This will be released on December 12th so marking as implemented. 

Login or Signup to post a comment